Business Development2023-08-31T12:22:12-04:00

Business Development

New Businesses

All Business Start-Ups are required to obtain certain permits and licenses in order to operate. Some are a requirement by the Provincial/Federal Government and others are a requirement by the M’Chigeeng First Nation local business By-Law.

Master Business License

This license is required in order to open up a Business Account (Banking) and authorizes businesses to purchase their materials and supplies on a wholesale basis. For details on the application process, fees and other general inquiries, please call 1-800-268-1142.

M’Chigeeng Business License

The M’Chigeeng First Nation has in effect West Bay First Nation By-Law 1-96 Respecting the Licensing of Business, Callings, Trades and Occupations. For access to the application and forms, click the button below. License fees are $50.00 for one year. Any other inquiries regarding business licensing, please contact Daina Stevens at 705-377-5362 ext 232.

Vendor’s Permit

The Vendor’s Permit is required when a business collects taxes on the sale of their products and/or services. All First Nation Businesses located and operating on a First Nation Reserve will not be required to obtain a Venders Permit.

Information & Updates

MFN License Payment

1.   BMO online payments (for BMO customers only)
2.  Credit card payments – call the office & can process payment via telephone
3.  Cheque/money order – Post Office or drop off at Administration Office
4.  Debit card – telephone administration office for appointment to come into the office.

Contact Us

Go to Top