Today marks the day where Teachers are celebrated around the world and today we celebrate our M’Chigeeng First Nation Teachers who work hard each day to help our
children learn and grow. Our Teacher’s help shapes and supports all of our young future
leaders every single day of the school year!
On behalf of the Council and Community of M’Chigeeng we celebrate our teachers who have shown their dedication to our children’s education and continue to inspire our young generation! A big GCHI MIIGWECH to our teachers at Lakeview School:
• Senior Kindergarten – Ms. Cheryl Miller Martin and Ms. Fawn Bridgeman
• Grade 1: Ms. Cassandra Bisson
• Grade 2: Ms. Kelly Gratton
• Grade 3: Ms. Michelle Taukei
• Grade 4: Mr. Stephen Granville
• Grade 5: Ms. Nicole Fox
• Grade 6: Ms. Ashley Debassige
• Grade 6/7: Ms. Valerie O’Leary
• Grade 8: Ms. Ramona Ense and Lorraine Corbiere-Debassige
• Phys. Ed and Health: Ms. Deana Debassige-Wood
• Ojibwe: Ms. Lissa McGregor and Ms. Theresa Hoy
• Supply Teacher: Ms. Lisa Corbiere-Addison
The last several years have been very difficult for our educators and our students due to the pandemic, as such we wish to acknowledge the resilience and dedication of our Teachers to do their ultimate best to ensure our students were and continue to be engaged.
I ask our community, families and students to join us in our gratitude for our Teachers today and everyday!
To our Teachers, Gchi Miigwech for what you do, your dedication, your care, your love, your compassion and commitment to our students. We appreciate all of you very much and will continue to support all of your endeavours!
Lastly, we thank all Teachers and Staff for putting on an amazing Truth and Reconciliation Walk last Thursday and Fall Harvest for the students today, we look forward to many more events in the future! Keep up the amazing work!
On behalf of Chief and Council,
Ogimaa Kwe Linda Debassige