Effective October 6th the following changes to the MFN guidance and protocols will be in place:
- That MFN follow the Provincial Guidance document from August 31, 2022, entitled Fall Preparation Planning for Respiratory Illnesses and Management of Cases and Contacts of Covid-19 for Ontario with recommendations from M’Chigeeng Health Services
- That MFN remove the Vaccine Policy
- That face masks become optional in all MFN workplaces and MFN businesses
- MFN still encourages use of rapid antigen tests
- Staff complete a Rapid antigen test if they have any cold like symptoms and recommend wearing a face mask while at work if negative test until symptoms cleared for a minimum 24 hours
- If a staff member tests positive on a rapid antigen test or PCR test that they isolate at home until they have no fever (24 hours) or Gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms (48 hours). GI symptoms include diarrhea and/or vomiting and continue wearing a mask in the workplace 5 days post isolation period.
- Increase sick days for MFN employees by 3 days for the period from October 1, 2022, until March 31, 2023, specifically for Covid-19. The nursing staff will complete a rapid antigen test and/or PCR test before a note is issued. This leave would not carry over and will be reviewed again in March 2023.
- Continue to offer and encourage vaccinations
- Communicate the provincial guidance to all MFN employees and community
- The nursing team will review any changes at their regular monthly meetings and/or at a special meeting if required
For further information, please contact the M’Chigeeng Health Services Nursing Department at 705-377-5347.