Department: Health Services – Wellness Centre
Employment Status: CASUAL / RELIEF HOURS
Classification: Community Services 1
Salary: $23.17 / hour
The M’Chigeeng Wellness Centre is a senior living facility for independent individuals who require minimal assistance. At the Wellness Centre and in the community, we provide services to individuals who require additional home supports, such as daily exercise, hygiene care, meal preparation, wellness checks and light housekeeping.
The Personal Support Worker will report to the Home Care Program Manager and will provide personal care and support services to clients in their daily living activities within the community of M’Chigeeng First Nation.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Personal Support Worker Certificate or Health Care Aide Certificate with a minimum of one (1) year work related experience.
• Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
• Caring, honest and trustworthy.
• Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Excellent time management.
• Available to work shift work and flexible hours, as required.
• Experience working with the elderly is an asset.
• Knowledge of Ojibwe culture, traditions and the Ojibwe language is an asset or must have the willingness to learn.
• Valid Driver’s License and access to reliable vehicle
Condition of Employment: Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Police Vulnerable Sector Screening must date within 30 days, original or certified copy and is required from the successful applicant.
POSTING CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Interested applicants must submit Cover Letter, Resume, and education certifications addressed to:
CONFIDENTIAL: PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKERS
c/o Human Resources
M’Chigeeng FN, P.O. Box 333
M’CHIGEENG, ON P0P 1G0 (Fax 705-377-4980) or to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.