(3) Three Full-time EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS (ECE)
Department: Education, BINOOJIINH GAMGOONHS (Early Learning Centre)
Classification Level: Early Childhood Educator ($42,120-$50,055)
With $2.00 Hourly Wage Enhancement (subject to approval year to year)
***On the spot interviews will be accommodated once application is submitted!
***Signing bonus of $2000 will be paid after a successful six month probationary evaluation.
“Our goal is to provide stimulating experiences for every child in a safe, happy, and relaxed environment, and to foster independence, self-esteem, curiosity, cultural awareness, and school readiness”.
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Early Childhood Educators to join our team. Successful candidates will be responsible for creating a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for our young learners. You will plan and implement engaging activities and lessons that foster children’s growth and development and have a passion to make a positive difference in young children’s lives.
Reporting to the Childcare Supervisor, the Early Childhood Educator will identify learning objectives of the children, create, and manage a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for children to develop to their fullest potential.
- Promote the health and well-being of all the children.
- Be responsible for supervision, safety, and well-being of children.
- Cultivate caring, authentic relationships and foster a sense of belonging for children, families, and educators.
- Recognize and respond to the needs of each child, using developmentally appropriate teaching and behaviour management techniques.
- Share in the planning, preparing, and implementing stimulating, age-appropriate activities in response to the children’s emerging interests and skills.
- Ensure the program operates in compliance with childcare licensing standards.
- Understand and implement the College of ECE’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice; adhere to the Child Care and Early Years Act; and implement programs in accordance with Ontario’s How does Learning Happen?
- Maintain knowledge and skills needed to Keep abreast of new and developing competencies for the position.
- Registered Early Childhood Education diploma or Child and Youth Worker – or provincially recognized equivalent.
- Experience working with children.
- Knowledge and experience with the culture, history, and customs of the Anishinaabe or the willingness to learn.
- Fluency in Anishinaabemowin would be an asset or the willingness to learn.
- Ability to be dependable, punctual, and responsible.
- Ability to communicate effectively and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively individually and within a team environment.
- Valid First Aid and CPR with Level C or willingness to obtain
Conditions of Employment:
- Negative Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Proof of TB tests and medical clearance
- Proof Tetanus and MMR immunization (must be up to date)
Application Closing Date: Open until all positions are filled.
Interested applicants must submit their cover letter, resume, three (3) current reference contacts (two work related, one character/co-worker) and education certifications to:
Confidential – Human Resources
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
M’Chigeeng First Nation
P.O. Box 333 M’CHIGEENG, ON P0P 1G0
Miigwetch to all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.