Hydro One has partnered with the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) for the Hydro One Indigenous Entrepreneurship Grant Program.
The application opened on Monday Oct 3rd and is scheduled to close on Monday, October 31, 2022 at 4:00PM EST. This program will help to further empower Indigenous businesses by awarding 28 recipients with grants and CCAB membership.
The application can be found here: https://www.ccab.com/hydro-one-indigenous-entrepreneurship-grant-2022/. Please share the application link with businesses in your community.
This year’s grant program is similar to the 2021 Hydro One Business Grant, where the grant will be administered by the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (“CCAB”) to support Indigenous-owned businesses headquartered in Ontario. Indigenous-owned businesses are invited to apply to one of two grant levels:
- Level 1: $2,500 grant + CCAB membership, 20 grants will be awarded by a live draw/lottery
- Level 2: $7,500 grant + CCAB membership, more detailed application and completed applications will be reviewed by a jury and 8 grants will be awarded
- The business must be at least 51% owned and controlled by an Indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) person/persons.
- The for-profit business must be registered in Ontario.
- Businesses are only allowed to apply to either Level 1 or Level 2, they cannot apply to both.
- Recipients of the Hydro One Business Grant 2021 are not eligible to receive the Hydro One Indigenous Entrepreneurship Grant 2022
- For individuals with more than one business, applications will only be accepted for one business
If you have any questions or comments about this program please reach out directly to Rich Cochrane at Rich.Cochrane@HydroOne.com or via phone at 905-510-6296